Hannah ages to Child, with ‘Loves Outdoors’ being her first “real” trait. Ironically, she’s never spent a lot of time outdoors. Far too much skilling to do inside. (She only played the violin this once, though—for fun—and hasn’t touched one since.)
Eli, on the other hand, becomes Silly.
Hannah teaches Rebeca Rebeca teaches Hannah about responsibility—
—leading Hannah to (autonomously) take charge of her little brother’s education the next day.
She does her own homework religiously, as well as any and all extra credit and projects. She’s in range to earn the Responsible trait before teenhood.
(FYI, that picture of her molding clay is just there because it’s one of the few pics I have of her as a kid.)
Rebec Hannah finishes up her first project, Zaiden—now an Adult—enters through the back door, dazed from having just been abducted. (I wasn’t paying attention to him, so I have no clue why he was even outside.) Is this going to be a tradition?
Having worked until she’s ready to drop, Hannah goes to bed.
Then Eli has a nightmare, and crawls up the stairs to wake her….Only to turn right back around once he’s done so, return downstairs, and dance to the stereo. Little brothers are so annoying.
The next day, Zaiden barely stays awake at work, but still manages to diagnose two patients (one more than necessary), and thus is promoted to R.N. He can now determine the gender of Rebeca’s baby.
So I tell him to do that—but before he gets through the front door, Rebeca’s in labor anyway. Oh well, maybe next time.
She gives birth to Jason Blackburn (who’s probably—inexplicably—my favorite of her sons.) Guess she and Zaiden better start trying for another baby. Pretty soon, this household is going to be full.
Eli actually is upset over a new sibling, but has no dollhouse to smash.
The next day is a very good one for Zaiden: He diagnoses and cures all three patients required for promotion, and just needs to boost his performance.
Jason ages up with the Inquisitive trait. Impressively, he’s blonde too, despite Zaiden’s dominant black hair; Rebeca’s genes are strong.
Eli will age up in one day. He’s lonely because his parents and Hannah are too busy to spend time with him, and talking to Jason doesn’t raise his Attention need at all.
Neither does playing with Grandma. Just because she’s a ghost.
Zaiden determines that Rebeca’s pregnant with—Oh, damn it! His name is Arthur Blackburn, and he’s got the Fussy trait and starts making messes all over the place. What’s worse is that Jason soon follows his example.
Thankfully, however, it doesn’t follow in the footsteps of the Paint-Chocolate-Flour Epidemic of Generation Two.
(Soon after Arthur’s birth, Rebeca is pregnant with her fifth child. She’ll have at least as many kids as her mother.)
Child safety: You’re doing it wrong.
Zaiden takes family leave. Meanwhile—
Oh my God, stop that, go to bed.
Eli becomes a Child, and I convert one of the basement rooms into a bedroom.
Because there are two spare bedrooms upstairs, but I don’t like how most beds clip through the curtains. It looks horrid.
Rebeca is pregnant with yet another boy. Son of a bitch.
Elise had a son and four daughters; Rebeca has a daughter and four sons. How many more pregnancies before she strikes gold again? Will Hannah really be heir and this is all for nothing? (
Now that Hannah’s a Young Adult, I’m not too fond of Victoria, and Angie is just…all right….. It’s kinda’ looking that way. Part of me wishes she was an only child.)
While Rebeca plays the violin to raise her Fun, and Eli watches cartoons, Zaiden (autonomously) chats with Jason.
A little while later, Eli comes upstairs to hug Hannah. ( :3 )
Zaiden finishes building a rocket for his Aspiration.
Jason becomes a Child, and takes one of the upstairs rooms because I managed to make it look decent. I love him so much that he even gets an expensive computer.
Hannah’s grade drops from a A in elementary school to a B in high school. And she wants to call someone, but sadly has no one to call.
Her Aspiration is Painter Extraordinaire, despite that she isn’t Creative nor has she ever picked up a paint brush, and her only skills are 1 Fitness and 1 Video Gaming. OK…
She takes Rebeca’s old room in the basement and enlarges it a little. She has an expensive new easel of her own, as well as a desk for homework.
Scott, Rebeca’s fourth son, becomes a Wild toddler.
The boys will move out when Eli becomes a teenager in 5-6 days (it’s not that I don’t love them; it’s just that if Trent couldn’t stay in the house past YA, they don’t have a chance), and I don’t care if they do their homework…but they usually choose to do it anyway, sometimes together.
I should’ve taken a picture, but basically: Rebeca became pregnant again not long after Scott was born, in Zaiden’s newly-completed rocketship. Now she’s in her second trimester (third in 10 hours), and Zaiden has announced that she’s pregnant with another girl—Victoria Robinson!
(Before Angie’s birth, I could probably count on one hand the number of Sim days that Rebeca WASN’T pregnant as a YA.)
Rebeca needs a Writing and Logic skill for promotion to Level 8 of her career, ‘Fan Favorite’. Zaiden is at Level 7 of his (Doctor—General Practitioner), and has 12 days ’til Elder; I’m going to give him a Potion of Youth when Rebeca is an Adult or close.
Each work day is more or less the same for Zaiden, and his job isn’t that hard (mainly my problem is stopping him from washing nonexistent dishes), so I don’t take many pictures.
Early the next morning, Hannah completes her first painting. She’s just sat to read the first volume of the Parenting skill books (interesting choice…) when I tell her to sell it to a collector, and this is the face she gives me.
She carries the book downstairs and buries her nose in it while she sells the painting. Now Inspired, she wants to make a group meal—But by the time she puts the book down, that whim disappears and she’s just…making grilled cheese for the heck of it. Then she goes over to prune the bonsai.
A few hours later, Jason needs Social, so I scan the area for people. Lo and behold, Uncle Trent is fishing across the street. Hi, Trent!
Eli’s motives are fine and he has nothing of importance to do; both boys head over to talk to him.
That night at 8:51 p.m., Rebeca comes home from work and drags herself to bed. Zaiden’s making Arthur a cake, to rid the household of a toddler, and Hannah is playing chess with Eli to up her Fun and Social simultaneously.
Scott is moved to the little nursery on the first floor, and Arthur takes his old room.
The next morning, Rebeca is full term. Hannah does homework despite being tired, because her Responsibility will drop if she doesn’t, not to mention her grades.
A little over three hours later, she finishes the extra credit with Zaiden’s help. Then he and Rebeca go to bed, while Hannah takes a sleep replacement.
Almost two hours after that, at 8:19 a.m., Rebeca goes into labor.
Trent brings her to the hospital, but predictably has ditched her by the time she gets to the front desk.
1:18 p.m. She’s still being checked in.
3:02 p.m. A popup says Rebeca is going to the hospital to give birth—who do I want to join her? I pick Trent again, and she spins into a hospital gown. But I don’t see Trent anywhere.
6:20 p.m. She’s STILL being checked in.
8:21 p.m. She looks as fed-up as I feel.
11:31 p.m. She lives here now.
1:30 a.m. I click on Rebeca and tell her to Have Baby at Hospital, choosing Trent for the third time. Trent’s making a Baked Alaska and can’t possibly tear himself away.
1:41 a.m. Holy crap, is she walking to the surgery table?! I hope she doesn’t stop doing that because I told her to check in at the front desk again and then cancelled—NOPE. We’re good! ( 😀 )
2:45 a.m. After spending almost nineteen hours in labor, Rebeca delivers Victoria. The bassinet is invisible, so it looks like Rebeca’s catching her before she hits the linoleum. ( XD )
I wish Sims were still born of their mother’s—father’s, in the case of aliens—plumbobs, and that this is how all deliveries went.
BTW: This is the first time I’ve played an eight-Sim household in TS4. Maybe ever. I can’t remember.
Two days later at 2:36 p.m., Eli becomes a teenager and the boys move out, leaving Rebeca free to have two more children, for my planned total of eight.
After giving rid of virtually all their things save toys, the family has $28,156.
Rebeca—who has 1 day to Adult—tries for another baby but fails. Zaiden goes to work. Normally he avoids kids like the plague and just treats patients aged teen+, but for his son Jason he’ll make an exception.
I’m surprised Jason isn’t wearing a hospital gown. Is that normal for kids and I never noticed…? Yeah. A kid waiting to be seen in another room is dressed in pajamas too.
Zaiden gives Jason a flu vaccination. The latter leaves, and Zaiden starts to attend to an adult, before I check if more of his children are in the lobby and find Arthur. He doesn’t get to do much with him before the end of the day, though.
The nurse is Kyra Joyson-Eubanks, Landon’s wife.
I never knew that Independent toddlers potty-train themselves!
While Victoria is busy with that, Zaiden is asleep, and Hannah is doing homework, Rebeca comes home and is promoted to ‘Fan Favorite’!
She and Zaiden try again for a baby almost an hour later. The live-in nanny, Ashaya Mahajan—seriously, he never leaves—walks in on them just as they’re climbing into bed. ( XD )
She’s pregnant. SCORE!
(As you can see with Hannah, this wasn’t the only time Ashaya walked in on one of the family’s private moments… >->;)
The following evening, Zaiden is promoted to Medical Specialist—he and Rebeca are both at Level 8 of their respective careers, and the family has an astonishing $39,338!
Victoria poses like this after she comes downstairs to listen to Hannah say something to her (I don’t know what), then goes to make a mess but I cancel the interaction.
Hannah paints for hours while Rebeca teaches Vicky to dance.
Rebeca learns that she’s having Eli’s newest roommate: Luke Blackburn.
Hannah pays a visit to the Dennys now that they’ve joined the Willow Creek community. ‘They’ being Prince and his son Edwin.
Prince was an Adult, you see, and I thought it a shame that he and Jade Rosa-Denny—along with Johnny Zest, Candy Behr, Akira Kibo, and a number of other townies—should die without any kids. So I hooked them up via CAS, and generated Edwin and 4 younger siblings (Graham, King, boy-whose-name-I-cannot-recall, and Juliet). Later, I decided I didn’t like the siblings and deleted them. Jade died of old age by the time Edwin was a teenager; Prince lives until shortly after he becomes a YA. He still thinks about them constantly. ( Q-Q )
As I hoped, Hannah and Edwin get along swimmingly, and she stays at his place so long that she gets home a few minutes after curfew.
Luke is born at home two days later, at 4:20 a.m. That night, Rebeca becomes pregnant for the
final next-to-final time.
The next morning @ 8:12: Victoria takes and expands Eli’s old room. The family is so wealthy—thanks to Rebeca and Zaiden’s lucrative jobs on top of Rebeca’s $4,000+ in daily royalties—that that I can spend $11,000 on books for their bookworm and scarcely bat an eyelash.
Then Luke gains the Fussy trait, and is unceremoniously booted out of the house.
(That’s what he looks like right now, as a Child.)
By the end of teenhood, Hannah is once more a straight-A student. At 7:39 p.m., the day after Luke is gone, she enters YA-hood with the Loner and Responsible traits, and signs up for the Painter career. For all intents and purposes, she is the heir, until I decide that I like Victoria or Angie better.
The morning after, Hannah goes to the Denny residence and asks Edwin to move in. He’s a Genius, Music Lover, and Slob two days older than her, and somehow already in the Entertainment career; he is switched to Tech Guru because that seems more appropriate for the Computer Whiz Aspiration.
A couple hours later, Hannah is at work; Victoria at school; and Rebeca and Zaiden asleep. Edwin plays video games for his work task.
Edwin: “BEST. JOB. EVER.”
After that, he practices programming.
He needs to play video games for five hours for his Aspiration, by the way; I guess I did select a good career. (Actually, being a Tech Guru is part of the Aspiration. Wow!)
Next day, 12:22 a.m.: Hannah and Edwin’s relationship isn’t high enough for them to sleep together yet, so Hannah bunks with Victoria instead.
Meanwhile, Desmond is born and left to Ashaya to raise per usual. (I take so few pictures that I often have next-to-no context, and for the longest time thought this baby was Luke.)
Also meanwhile, Zaiden stays up all night upgrading the rocket, and takes family leave at 10:10 a.m. so he can get some shut-eye.
Edwin earns $71 from hacking and completes his programming task requirement, then goes to work. Hannah is also at work, Victoria at school, Desmond who cares, Rebeca pregnant.
I know I said Desmond would be the last, but I saw Try for Baby and had an impulse to use it, and listening to my impulses is why Rebeca exists (in a manner of speaking). I would’ve been quite displeased to have to put up with Mary as heir.
That afternoon, Friday, 4:52 p.m.: Hannah is promoted to Watercolor Dabbler, and Victoria de-stresses from school by “analyzing” a book. Whatever that means; she doesn’t write a report on it, or anything.
Saturday, 6:04 p.m. FUCK YES, IT’S A GIRL. Also, Zaiden maxes Cooking. His job performance is Excellent, so I hope the next time he goes to work, he’ll get to deliver a baby so he can rise to Surgeon (Level 9); Rebeca has just been promoted to Bestselling Author (Level 9). And Edwin was promoted too.
Sunday, 11:31 p.m.: Edwin is thrilled that Hannah is pregnant with Mark.
This is weird—mother and daughter both expecting.
The family has $50,081, and Rebeca’s about to publish yet another book.
Tuesday, 11:28 a.m.: Angie Robinson has been born and is a toddler, and Rebeca is finally, finally, FINALLY an Adult. (Trent, Mary, Dawn, and Cadence have all died of old age; Kyra—the wife of Rebeca’s nephew—was an Adult before her; and she and her daughter were in the same lifestage. It was getting pretty damn awkward.)
Zaiden takes one last Potion of Youth, so they’re the same age and will stay that way until Elderhood. I clicked on their bed, saw Try for Baby, and only considered it for the briefest flicker of a second before deciding, “Nahhhh…”
Scott invites little sis Victoria to play hooky at the Ancient Ruins in Windenburg. Why he picked somewhere without a playground or…you know…literally ANYTHING to do, I don’t know. Less chance of getting caught? (I’ve played Sims 2 a lot lately, and similarly can’t fathom why EA/Maxis/whoever no longer allow Sims to raise their Fun through interaction besides WooHoo.)
Scott has no sense of humor. Every time Victoria tries to be funny with him, he gets bored and she loses double relationship points. Oh, right, he’s Mean. He insults her, so she insults him back and goes home.
That night, Edwin’s promoted to Code Monkey, and awww, his father is dead—Prince’s ghost calls to invite him someplace.
Obviously Zaiden was abducted again—I heard him get picked up, but usually play with the volume off and couldn’t figure out what that noise was, until I saw the UFO drop him off in front of the house later—and now has an alien son. (Naturally it’s a son. This is Zaiden we’re talking about.)
And obviously I didn’t take pictures of any of it. ( X_X ) I really need to get better about that.
What’s his name, you ask? It’s…um…er…well…Kellan. Kellan Blackburn. I chose that name out of a randomized list of ten, but I don’t think I want it to be permanent.
The funny thing about “Kellan” is, despite that he has -0.99999999% chance of inheriting and isn’t even a blood relative of Elise (nor would I bet a penny that he’ll stay in the house past YA-hood)…I don’t want to send him to Sixam, or to Eli like the other boys. He’s so unique—my first alien since before TS3 was released—that I actually want to be there as he’s growing up.
Before I do anything else with the family, let’s play catch-up:
- The Robinsons’ main household funds stand at $48,743. Considering that they used to have over $100,000, this makes me feel alarmingly poor. However, Zaiden is still no longer the resident repairman. Something’s broken? BOOM! Gleaming, brand-new replacement.
- Maybe full-time jobs will be a thing of the past in a couple generations? Or they might even get so rich that the bills practically pay themselves, and they only earn money on accident. *daydreams*
- Rebeca and Zaiden were the same age. I swear they were. But when I loaded the game to take notes for this section of the blog post, I discovered that she’s now 9 days to Elder while Zaiden’s got 13. He’s younger than her for a change.
- Rebeca has reached the top of the Writer career (Author branch); she’s a Creator of Worlds.
- Rebeca’s skills are Writing (10); Violin (8); Parenting (6); Charisma and Logic (5); Comedy and Painting (4); Handiness (3); Dancing, Piano, and Video Gaming (2); Baking, Cooking, Fitness, and Gardening (1).
- If Rebeca can read to Angie for just one Sim hour, she can advance to the next stage of her Aspiration. In order to complete it, she’ll then need  Hannah, Victoria, or Angie to have three friends;  to be friends with 3 of her 9 kids (√);  one of her children to get married (two of them already are); ; to socialize ten times with a child or grandchild (ridiculously easy);  to have four grandchildren (Mark, George, David, and Carol); and  to become good friends with four children or grandchildren (also simple). Angie needs reading to, and Rebeca needs to read to her, so that’ll be a major goal moving forward.
- At long last, a pregnant Sim got lost and wandered into Zaiden’s hospital—so now he’s a Surgeon. (I believe he’s delivered 1-2 more babies since.) His job performance is Excellent and he has work in 59 minutes. If he can diagnose and treat two patients in his next shift, he might get promoted to Chief of Staff (Level 10). I’m so proud of him and Rebeca—Ulysses married in at Level 10, and so did Andrea Hogan-Franklin (the co-founder of one of my TS2 legacies a looooong-ass time ago), but I can’t remember ever having a Sim climb a career ladder from bottom to top before.
- Zaiden’s skills are Cooking and Logic (10); Rocket Science (9); Handiness and Parenting (7); Gourmet Cooking (6); Charisma, Comedy, and Video Gaming (3); Dancing and Painting (2); and Fitness, Guitar, Singing, and Violin (1).
- Zaiden completed the Nerd Brain Aspiration and switched to Soulmate. But I haven’t felt motivated to work on that one with him. I just chose a second Aspiration because I had to. (…Right? O-O)
- Ostensibly, Hannah has 13 days to Adult—but will probably be a YA for much longer than that because she’s yet to give birth to a daughter.
- Hannah is currently at Level 7 (Artist en Residence) of the Painter career, Master of the Real branch. She’s finished her ‘Create Paintings’ daily task, her performance is Excellent, and she has work in two hours.
- Hannah’s skills are Painting (8); Logic (5); Comedy (3); Dancing, Fitness, Parenting, and Video Gaming (2); and Charisma, Cooking, Gardening, Handiness, Mischief, and Writing (1).
- I really think Hannah can complete her Aspiration if I put a little more work into it: She needs to create one more emotional painting; go to the museum to view or admire three works of art; and make 10 Excellent paintings and 5 Masterpieces (I don’t know if the ones she’s already done will count).
- There’s a Potion of Youth in Edwin’s inventory, and the millisecond I unpause the game, he needs to be drinking it; he has 1 day to Adult, and after taking the potion he’ll almost certainly again be older than Hannah by the time she stops having kids.
- Edwin is at Level 6 (Development Captain) of the Tech Guru career. He’s finished his daily programming task and just needs to raise his performance. (Right now, it’s Good.) He has work in 59 minutes.
- Edwin’s skills are Programming (7); Video Gaming (5); Comedy and Cooking (2); and Charisma, Dancing, Logic, and Parenting (1).
- Edwin can’t make video games yet, but he’s in the process of making an app. All he’ll need to do to complete his Aspiration once that’s done is spend 100 hours on a computer. (Who knows how many he’s already logged?)
- Victoria has 2 days to YA. Hannah isn’t yet pregnant with a third baby, but with any luck it’ll be a girl and I can tell Vicky sayonara. It’s not that I hate her. I just don’t like her very much.
- Victoria is a B student. Her performance is Good, so maybe she’ll earn an A by the time she’s ready to grow up.
- She’s working part-time as a Barista (‘Bean Blender’, Level 2). She’s finished her ‘Reach Level 2 Mixology’ promotion task, and just needs to raise her performance from ‘Good’.
- Victoria’s skills are Fitness (3); Mixology and Video Gaming (2); and Charisma, Comedy, Dancing, and Mischief (1).
- Victoria has performed 2 of 10 mean or mischievous interactions (although I couldn’t tell you what they were to save my life). However, ‘Public Enemy’ seems all wrong for her—she’s not exactly sweetness and sunshine, but neither does she strike me as an awful person. Maybe I’ll change her Aspiration at YA?
- Victoria is a B student. Her performance is Good, so maybe she’ll earn an A by the time she’s ready to grow up.
- Angie has 5 days to Teen.
- Angie is a B student. Her performance is Excellent. She needs a Level 4 skill and to do her homework, but she’s at school right now, so I can’t work on either of those.
- Angie’s skills are Creativity, Motor, and Social (3), and Mental (2).
- I SERIOUSLY doubt she even has a chance at completing Whiz Kid. (To be honest, I seriously doubt any of my Sims could do that: ‘Craft 3 emotional potions’ Three wut nao? o-O How do I pull that off? Angie, why didn’t you tell me you’re a witch?)
- The Robinsons own several high-dollar items (a jungle gym; an observatory, etc.), and their house has undergone major renovations.
- Eli Blackburn (YA) is a married father of two-and-counting. Meet his wife, Shari Zest-Blackburn; and their children, David and Carol Blackburn.
- Jason, Arthur, and Scott Blackburn are teenagers (and Luke and Desmond are children, but you’ve already seen their photos).
- Mark Denny and his younger brother George live with Uncle Eli.
- Karlie Dietrich-Eubanks has also died of old age. Her son Landon Eubanks is an Adult, and he and his wife Kyra have three sons: Hayden, Anthony, and Wade.
- Landon’s younger sister Melissa is also an Adult, and a single mother to twins Renee and Jodi Eubanks. Their father is Kirk Zest, the older brother of Shari Zest-Blackburn.
- However, Kirk lives with Shari. (They’re the children of Johnny Zest and Candy Behr-Zest; first cousins of Veronica and Zayne Kibo, who’re the children of Akira Kibo and Yuki Behr-Kibo.) And I’m not sure how to link family trees on the Plum Tree App site, nor if I care to create a new tree just for his sake—he’s a nobody.
- Kayaan Banerjee-Robinson has also died of old age. His daughter Olive Robinson is an Adult. She’s married to a townie named Jeremiah Calloway (who inexplicably seems to know and be friends with everybody in town), and they have two children: Taylor Robinson and Spencer Calloway.